Chapter 5: Personnel
05:06:11 Uniform Administrative Procedures Act
- Purpose: The purpose of this policy is to provide a basis for uniform procedures to be used by institutions in the State University and Community College System of Tennessee for the hearing of cases which may be subject to the Tennessee Uniform Administrative Procedures Act, Title 4, Chapter 5, Tennessee Code Annotated (hereinafter referred to as the Act).
- Scope and Applicability: These procedures may be applicable in cases involving:
- Suspension of employees for cause, or termination of employees when the termination is in violation of the employee's contract, i.e., termination prior to the expiration of the contract term;
- Suspension or expulsion of a student, or revocation of recognition of a student organization, for misconduct or disciplinary reasons, and
- Such other cases as may be designated by the chancellor or president of the institution. These procedures are not applicable to terminations of faculty for adequate cause which are subject to the provision of Chapter 839 of the Public Acts of 1976. Prior to the initiation of any hearing pursuant to these procedures, the institution shall contact the office of General Counsel for advice on the applicability of these procedures and for possible assistance in the hearing of the case.
- Hearing Procedural Guidelines: An individual who desires consideration under the Uniform Administrative Procedures Act may obtain a copy of the detailed procedural guidelines relative to the Act upon request to the director of Human Resources or the Chief Financial Officer. The director of Human Resources will assist the individual in obtaining a management decision as to whether his or her case meets the criteria for consideration under the Uniform Administrative Procedures Act.
Detailed procedures on the Tennessee Uniform Administrative Procedures Act are contained in TBR Policy 1:06:00:05.
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Human Resources|
Revision History: March 2002, March 2013