Chapter 6: College Committees & Advisory Councils
06:15:00 Faculty Senate
- Purpose: The Faculty Senate provides open discussion among its members on matters of concern to the College/student body/faculty and ensures open communication among faculty members and between the faculty and the administration. The objectives of the Faculty Senate are to:
- Serve as a vehicle for ascertaining faculty attitudes and expressions and for dissemination of these attitudes and expressions to the administration.
- Maintain through the president of the senate and the senate’s Executive Committee a direct line of communication to the administration.
- Provide faculty input for the planning and implementation of college programs and facilities.
- Promote better communication between faculty and administration, between faculty and other faculty, and between faculty and students.
- Membership: The membership shall be made up of full-time teaching faculty and staff members who hold academic rank. The Executive Committee and the Senate representatives are elected by the faculty. Part-time faculty members, also called adjunct faculty, may elect a representative to attend faculty senate meetings. This will be a non-voting member.
The committee chair shall post a meeting summary on the campus bulletin board and post minutes/actions/plans on the Campus Drive, Committees Folder.
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Academic Affairs|
Revision History: November 2005, July 2009, June 2012, Sept 2014