Chapter 4: Business & Administration
04:24:00 Institution Review Board Procedures
TBR Policy 2:08:00:00 General Policies Regarding Research
TBR Guideline A-110 Institutional Review for Research
A person interested in conducting research using Northeast State Community College students, personnel or data should submit to the Office of Research, Analytics, and Planning the following items:
- A brief description of the study, including its purpose, and to whom the results will be released.
- Written agreement to read and abide by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20) U.S.C. § 1232g; 34CFR Part 99), The Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa
- If conducting research through another institution (e.g., as a graduate student), affirmation from that institution showing IRB approval to conduct the research.
- The cover letter that will be sent/read to participants stating purpose of the research and who the participants need to contact with questions regarding the research or with other concerns.
- Projected opening and closing dates of research.
The President's Council will serve as Northeast State Community College’s Institutional Review Board. Upon receipt of these items, the Office of Research, Analytics, and Planning will forward them to the IRB for consideration at the next regularly scheduled President's Council meeting. The determination of the IRB will be relayed to the Office of Research, Analytics, and Planning who will then convey it to the researcher.
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Research Analytics and Planning|
Revision History: February 2010, May 2011, November 2011, March 2013, July 2014, March 2015