Chapter 3: Student Affairs
03:02:02 Respect for Others
- A user shall not attempt to obstruct usage or deny access to other users.
- Users shall not transmit or distribute material that would be in violation of existing TBR or Northeast State policies or guidelines using Northeast State information technology resources.
- Users shall respect the privacy of other users, and specifically shall not read, delete, copy, or modify another user’s data, information, files, email or programs (collectively, “electronic files”) without the other user’s permission. Users should note that there should be no expectation of privacy in electronic files stored on the resident memory of a computer available for general public access, and such files are subject to unannounced deletion.
- Users shall not intentionally introduce any program or data intended to disrupt normal operations (e.g. a “computer virus” or “worm”) into Northeast State information technology resources.
- Forgery or attempted forgery of email messages is prohibited.
- Sending or attempts to send unsolicited junk mail or chain letters is prohibited.
- Flooding or attempts to flood a user’s mailbox is prohibited.
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Student Affairs|
Revision History: April 2014