Chapter 3: Student Affairs
03:05:10 Student Complaints and Compliments
Northeast State Community College encourages students to comment on their experiences at the College in a responsible manner. These comments may include complaints, compliments, or suggestions for improving college services. Comments help the College administration improve processes, pinpoint problems, eliminate waste, plan for strategic growth, or recognize outstanding personnel and programs.
The following procedures have been established to help students submit their comments:
- Students should first seek to resolve complaints informally with the College personnel directly responsible for the area of complaint.
- If the above is not possible or does not provide a satisfactory outcome, students should submit written complaints about any area of the College’s operations to the Vice President for Student Affairs by using the Student Complaint Online Submission Form.
- Submissions should state the nature of the complaint as well as the resolution sought.
- The Student Complaint Online Submission Form must include the contact information of the person submitting the complaint.
- The Vice President for Student Affairs will forward the complaint to a designated Vice President or other appropriate office (as determined by the nature of the comments) for review within three (3) business days.
- The student will be notified of the outcome within ten (10) business days of the receipt of the Student Complaint Online Submission Form by the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- If the student is not satisfied with the outcome, he or she may appeal in writing to the President of the College. The President’s decision will be final.
- Compliments may be submitted using the Student Compliment Online Submission Form.
- Compliments will be received by the Vice President for Student Affairs and forwarded to the appropriate Vice President’s office for review and dissemination to the College personnel or program mentioned.
- The student may be contacted by the Vice President for Student Affairs if additional information is necessary.
Procedures for submitting Suggestions for Improving College Services are stated in 03:05:13. Contact the following for more information on student complaints, compliments, and suggestions for improvement:
Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs Room C2108 of the General Studies Building 423.354.2529
For concerns or complaints regarding Title IX, civil rights, discrimination, or harassment, please visit the Equity & Compliance web site or contact:
Office of Equity & Compliance Room P316 of the Pierce Administration Building 423.354.5255 or equityofficer@NortheastState.edu
Although crimes are not part of the complaints process, for issues involving campus safety, personal security, or to Report Behaviors of Concern, please visit the Safe Northeast web portal or contact:
Northeast State Police Department Room C2401 of the General Studies Building 423.323.0255 (non-emergency) or 423.677.7927 (emergency cell)
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Student Affairs|
Revision History: April 2014; September 2014, October 2014, November 2014, September 2015, February 2016