Chapter 3: Student Affairs
03:10:02 Parking Zones
1) All sanctions for violation of this parking zone policy are outlined in Northeast State policy 04:58:00 Traffic and Parking Regulations along with other information about driving on campus.
2) All parking at Northeast State Community College is regulated for the safety and convenience of the students, faculty and staff, vendors, visitors, and the general public in order to fulfill the mission of the school.
3) All vehicles parking on campus should have a current hangtag, decal, or parking pass issued by Northeast State Community College or a current hangtag or decal issued by any recognized institution of higher education in the greater region.
4) In addition, current Northeast State Community College parking hangtags are recognized for parking privileges at East Tennessee State University. This agreement permits students, faculty, and staff to park in equivalent parking areas on ETSU campuses (i.e. a Northeast State student would be allowed to park in ETSU Student Parking).
5) Some parking spaces may have no signage or be designated General Parking. This indicates areas where students, faculty and staff, or visitors may all park lawfully.
6) All parking should be done in such a manner as not to interfere with general traffic flow nor impede another properly parked vehicle.
7) Parking on grass or any other area not specifically designated for parking is prohibited.
8) Owners of vehicles left on campus overnight or longer should notify Campus Police regarding the length of time of the vehicle will be parked. Northeast State Community College does not take responsibility for vehicles parked on campus or the contents thereof.
9) Vehicles which appear to be abandoned or inappropriately parked will be dealt with in accordance with current Campus Police procedures and state law.
Parking at curbs
10) All curbed areas adjacent to any building owned, controlled, or leased by the College are designated as fire lanes except where loading and unloading zones are indicated.
11) Parking in fire lanes is prohibited.
12) Some curbed areas are designated as Loading and Unloading Zones with a 20 minute time limit.
13) Some curbed areas are designated as Loading and Unloading Zones with a 5 minute time limit.
14) The purpose of handicap parking is to increase accessibility to the college for individuals with a disability.
15) Handicap parking restrictions remain in force during evening and weekend hours.
16) Any individual with a state-issued license plate, placard, or decal designating handicap accessibility accommodation requirements are permitted to park in any handicap parking space regardless of status with the college provided that the vehicle also has a current hangtag, decal, or parking pass issued by Northeast State Community College or a current hangtag or decal issued by any recognized institution of higher education in the greater region.
17) Some handicap parking spaces are larger and designated as Van Accessible.
18) Some signage indicates accessibility pathways for individuals using handicap parking.
19) Specific parking spaces are reserved for specific individuals or types of visitors, vehicle types, or the Plant Operations and Maintenance Department of the college and should only be used for those purposes during weekday business hours. These reserved parking spaces fall into the two categories following:
20) The following reserved parking is always enforced and should be observed by all vehicles:
b) Permit only
c) Reserved Parking 24 Hours Faculty and Staff
d) Parking space(s) reserved through Campus Police
21) The following reserved parking is open to everyone after 5:00 pm and on weekends:
a) Faculty and Staff Zero or Low Emission Fuel-Efficient Vehicles, Hybrids, or Alternative Fuel Vehicles Only
b) Follett Bookstore Employee Parking Only
c) Maintenance Vehicle Parking Only
d) Motorcycle Parking Only
e) Motor Pool Only
f) Reserved for Carpooling 2 or More People (Available to students, faculty, and staff)
g) Reserved for Guest of the President
h) Reserved for Potential Students
i) Reserved Parking for President
j) Reserved Parking for State Vehicle
k) Reserved Parking for Visitors (See Visitors section below)
l) Subway Employee Parking Only
22) Students are permitted to park in Student Parking, General Parking, and undesignated parking.
23) When two or more students ride together to college, they are permitted to park in the Reserved for Carpooling 2 or More People.
24) Student parking on weekends and after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays is also allowed in the reserved parking with the exceptions of Handicap, Permit only, and Reserved Parking 24 Hours Faculty and Staff.
Faculty and Staff Parking
25) When 2 or more faculty and/or staff ride together, they may park in a Reserved for Carpooling 2 or More People space.
26) Otherwise, faculty and staff are permitted to park in Faculty and Staff spaces, Student Parking, and General Parking unless otherwise allowed to park in Restricted Parking above.
27) Visitors to campus should obtain a visitor parking pass in advance through a department or from the Welcome Center upon arriving on campus.
28) When 2 or more visitors ride together, they may park in a Reserved for Carpooling 2 or More People space.
29) Visitors are also allowed to park in Visitor parking spaces, Faculty and Staff lots, Student Parking, and General Parking.
30) Visitor parking areas are reserved for visitors only.
31) Visitors and guests receiving citations in error should return them to the Chief of Police.
32) Large groups of visitors or guests seeking to be accommodated by having a block of parking spaces reserved by Campus Police should make this request when completing a Use of Facilities request in advance of the event.
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Student Affairs|
Revision History: April 2014, June 2016